Was God telling the truth when he said, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart"?
In The Case for Faith, best-selling author, journalist, and former atheist Lee Strobel turns his investigative skills to the most persistent emotional objections to belief in God - the eight "heart barriers" to faith:
- "Since evil and suffering exist, a loving God cannot"
- "Since miracles contradict science, they cannot be true"
- "Evolution explains life, so God isn't needed"
- "God isn't worthy of worship if he kills innocent children"
- "It's offensive to claim Jesus is the only way to God"
- "A loving God would never torture people in Hell"
- "Church history is littered with oppression and violence"
- "I still have doubts, so I can't be a Christian"
This book is for those who may be feeling attracted to Jesus but who are faced with difficult questions standing squarely in their path. For Christians, it will deepen their convictions and give them fresh confidence in defending their faith to skeptical friends, or during the hardest of times, when they have to defend their faith to themselves in moments of doubt.
Also available: The Case for Faith Spanish edition, kids' edition, and student edition. Plus, be sure to check out Lee Strobel's entire collection of Case For... books:
- The Case for Christ investigates the historical evidence for Jesus
- The Case for a Creator explores the scientific evidence for God
- The Case for Grace uncovers the "how" and "why" behind God's amazing grace...and more!
"Strobel's appraoch is hard-hitting, clear, and persuasive." (Christian Research Journal)
"Despite the rather heavy matters discussed, this book is easy to read. The analogies and anecdotes are very helpful in explaining a deep subject on an understandable level." (The Conservative Theological Journal)
"...the book incorporates Strobel's journalistic skills to tackle several of the most persistent objections to belief in Christ.... The Case for Faith is for readers who may be attracted to Jesus, but still have formidable intellectual barriers with emotional undertow inhibiting them from fully committing their lives to Christ.... As one who was a spiritual skeptic for many years, Strobel relates well to those who object to the faith on emotional and intellectual grounds...." (Christian Retailing)
"When Strobel interviews his subjects, he approaches the questions just as a non-believer would, and he's not afraid to press until he gets a satisfactory answer.... The Case for Faith will provide the tools you need to remove...obstacles from a non-believers path to faith in Christ." (Singing News)