Following the adventures of two brothers who investigate deeply strange and paranormal mysteries in their never-ending road trip, the TV show Supernatural has many fans eager to better understand the psychology behind the series' themes and characters.
Featuring cast and crew interviews, this collection examines issues at the heart and soul of Supernatural's heroes and foes (fans, too):
- The role grief and trauma play in the protagonists' lives
- The importance of music to the narrative
- What motivates someone to hunt monsters and why we want to believe in magic
- How angels relate to humanity and what that has to do with real intergroup conflict
- How people can cope with tragedy, loss, addiction, and fear to become heroes who do the right thing
- The dynamics of fandom: how fans relate to the narrative, characters, and actors, and continue to engage with series through fanfic, social media, and other practices