This is an audio summary of Confessions of an Advertising Man.
Confessions of an Advertising Man is a 1963 book by David Ogilvy. It is considered required material in many advertising classes in the United States. Ogilvy was partly an advertising copywriter, and the book is created as though the entire book was advertising copy.
It contains 11 sections:
- How to manage an advertising agency
- How to get clients
- How to keep clients
- How to be a good client
- How to build great campaigns
- How to write potent copy
- How to illustrate advertisements and posters
- How to make good television commercials
- How to make good campaigns for food products, tourist destinations, and proprietary medicines
- How to rise to the top of the tree
- Should advertising be abolished?