Never before had a shrewd criminal leader so successfully defied the Law - and the Spider's sure vengeance! A powerful Eastern murder syndicate, employing two deadly weapons, held America for ransom, spreading pain and terror and red destruction. Never had the Spider's struggle against the underworld seemed so futile, for the name of Richard Wentworth was disgraced, his fortune was forfeit, and his beloved had betrayed him into the hands of the police - and certain death!
Nick Santa Maria narrates this exciting suspense story of murder, mayhem and mystery that perfectly evokes 1936 Manhattan. Slaves of the Murder Syndicate originally published in The Spider magazine, February, 1936.
- Chapter 1: The Feathered Dart
- Chapter 2: Betrayed!
- Chapter 3: The Horror at Headquarters
- Chapter 4: Murder Gone Mad!
- Chapter 5: Choice of Death
- Chapter 6: Cold Steel Reception
- Chapter 7: The Spider Springs a Trap
- Chapter 8: Rendezvous with Death!
- Chapter 9: The Spider Finds His Foe!
- Chapter 10: The Spider Makes a Friend
- Chapter 11: The Spider Surrenders
- Chapter 12: Nita Lends a Hand
- Chapter 13: Again, Corporal Death
- Chapter 14: Four Men Who Die!
- Chapter 15: A Life for a Life!
- Chapter 16: Enter the Spider!