You and a partner go into business together and split the equity 50/50. You do all the work and your partner slacks off. He owns half your business - now what?
Slicing Pie outlines a process for calculating exactly the right number of shares each founder or employee in an early stage company deserves.
You will learn:
- How to value the time and resources an individual brings to the company relative to the contributions of others
- The right way to value intangible things like ideas and relationships
- What to do when a founder leaves your company
- How to handle equity when you have to fire someone
- Important issues to discuss with your lawyer
- Much more
Research shows that dynamic equity split models, like the one outlined in Slicing Pie, is the best way to avoid conflicts as the company grows. The new and improved Version 2.3 contains updated information about legal issues, idea valuation, retrofitting, and much more!