"Your teen is a child who is old enough to understand, but is still young enough to be pliable."
In Life Strategies for Teens, author Bukky Ekine-Ogunlana draws on 14 years of experience working with teenagers and their parents to offer proven methods for improving family communication skills, learning positive parenting and positive discipline methods and strategies for dealing with teen cellphone use and social media safety.
In this book, you will learn valuable teen communication tips:
- How to understand teens - what teenage girls and boys really mean when they talk and interpreting non-verbal communication.
- How to recognize teen depression and proven methods for dealing with it.
- Parenting skills for dealing with disappointment and shortcomings.
- Positive reinforcement practices for praising successes and encouraging growth.
- How to monitor teenage cellphone, video game, and social media usage, without causing a family meltdown.
- How to curb nonchalance and defiant behavior with positive dialog and setting a good example.
- How to raise a responsible, moral, and purpose-driven teenager that you can be proud of.
Your children’s teenage years are when you should let them explore their grоwing teen independence, yet gently reel them in once in a while to make behavior adjustments as needed. Think of it as parental 'product testing'. That means a lot of trial-and-error blanketed in love, before you proudly and confidently release your masterpiece into the world market!