Beschreibung von Audible
If you’re like most people, your job does not put you in the risk of serious injury or death on a daily business. But if you’re like author Tom Jones you might be interested in what attracts certain people to dangerous lines of work. Jones interviews a handpicked selection of risk-takers from a lion-tamer to a high-rise window washer. David Marantz uses his deep voice to perform these meetings with remarkable "adrenaline junkies" in the style of an exciting TV program. He growls the musings of these tough workers and their stories will amaze and excite. This audiobook allows the listener a chance to experience vicariously a visceral way of making a living without having to leave the comfort of their own home.
Insight into the lives of people who work on the edge.
Jobs That Could Kill You is a fascinating collection of candid and intimate conversations with 42 men and women who describe in gripping detail how physical risk is a familiar companion in their working lives, and how they deal with it. In the oral history tradition of Studs Terkel, Jobs That Could Kill You will introduce you to:
- Antron Brown as he launches his top fuel drag racer from zero to over 300 miles an hour in less than four seconds.
- Justin McBride talking about the guts it takes to stay atop a raging 1,600-pound bull.
- Jeff Gammons as he painfully remembers the terrifying screams of Hurricane Katrina drowning victims.
- Cameron Begbie as he recalls fighting hand-to-hand against insurgents in Fallujah, Iraq.
- Crab fisherman Matt Corriere, who describes the harrowing night when he was the sole survivor after the sinking of the fishing vessel Massacre Bay in icy Alaskan waters.
- And dozens more!
Jobs That Could Kill You reveals who these daring people are, what they will endure for a paycheck, and how they feel about their jobs. They speak for themselves, in their own words.