Your ability to speak confidently and persuasively is your most important asset. It helps you connect with people, share the ideas you're most passionate about, and realize your dreams. This updated guide provides easy-to-learn skills that will take your speeches and presentations to the next level, so you enjoy public speaking more and make everything you say more memorable.
In this expanded edition of How to Give a Speech, actor and speech coach Gary Genard introduces you to the Genard Method of performance-based public speaking. Individuals and business teams around the world have used these techniques to build their confidence and skill and to speak with power and professionalism. You'll discover the step-by-step method for reducing anxiety, organizing your material, improving your focus, engaging any audience and telling your story with humor, style and substance.
You'll learn how to:
- Calm your nerves and boost your confidence
- Establish rapport with listeners
- Develop a powerful message
- Use storytelling, evidence, and visual aids
- Create compelling openings and closings
- Speak simply and powerfully
- Use body language and improved vocal skills
- Deal with resistance and think on your feet
- Master the art of stage presence
This second edition of Dr. Genard's classic guide includes new chapters on body language, presentation technology, acting techniques for public speaking and presenting in the 21st century. More than ever, it's the essential manual of great speaking for novices, seasoned pros and everyone in between.