In this book we'll be looking at the power of lean leadership and what it can do for you. You may want to move toward becoming a lean leader yourself, or you may have a desire to implement lean practices among your management team. Whatever the reason, this guide will help you get started.
But what exactly is lean leadership? And what is a lean leader? What makes a lean leader different from a normal leader? These are just some of the questions we'll be answering within this book. We also want you to:
- Understand the variables and factors that comprise a lean leadership style.
- Identify the main differences between management and leadership styles and behaviors and why going lean could change your business for the better.
- Recognize that lean principles can be applied to any size business within any industry.
- Learn how to recognize the characteristics of lean leaders.
- Learn how to harness the power of lean and apply lean leadership techniques to your business.
By the time you've finished, you'll have a solid understanding of lean leadership principles, the characteristics that make up an effective lean leader, and how to successfully apply lean leadership techniques to all areas of your business.