Jetzt kostenlos testen
Feel Good and Do Well by Doing Good
- A Proposition that Social Entrepreneurship and Corporate Social Responsibility Can Be the Model for Business Success and Personal Happiness
- Gesprochen von: Benjamin McLean
- Spieldauer: 4 Std. und 27 Min.
- Kategorien: Wirtschaft & Karriere, Geschäftsentwicklung & Unternehmertum
The Secret to Happiness and Success
“Greed is good,” said Gordon Gekko, played by Michael Douglas in the iconic movie Wall Street. Turns out, greed is not good. Beating the system and amassing material wealth may make an epic movie plot, but in real life, greed is the recipe for painful economic failure for business and society - and working men and women.
All too often we are presented stories about extremely wealthy people who are held up as role models for a successful life. The truth is that wealth rarely guarantees happiness. This book looks to successful small and medium-sized companies contributing to communities, and the far-sighted corporate executives we never hear about who, while successful, are also happy. These are the true-life examples of corporate social responsibility that this book relies on to make its point.
Peter Milewski tells you why and how you, personally, can feel good and do well by doing good too. He passionately believes that these are the secrets to personal and professional happiness and success.
Learn about successful companies "doing good," such as TOMS Shoes, Newman's Own, Red Barn, and Ben & Jerry's and those that didn't (Countrywide Mortgage and Wells Fargo, among others).
Exclusive interviews about corporate social responsibility with the CEOs of Eastern Bank (Bob Rivers), Envision Bank (Jim McDonough), Leader Bank (Sushil Tuli), and Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank (David Brennan and Dorothy Savarese).
Das könnte dir auch gefallen
Weitere Titel des Sprechers
- The Simple Science of Muscle Growth and Hypertrophy
- Strength Training Revolution: Grow Bigger and Stronger with the 4-Step Training System That Redefines Strength for Intermediate-Advanced Barbell, Powerlifting, and Strength Athletes
- Farewell: Vital End-of-Life Questions with Candid Answers from a Leading Palliative and Hospice Physician