In this amusing and multiple award-winning how-to guide for professors, seasoned instructor Mike Kowis shares 44 college teaching tips that will help any teacher:
- Engage students in thought-provoking classroom discussions,
- Motivate them to read the assigned materials,
- Inspire them to attend all classes and stay till the final bell rings,
- Create a fun and lively learning environment, and
- Encourage students to use their critical thinking skills.
This brutally honest audiobook is based on the many lessons that Mike learned during his 15 years of teaching, and it's filled with dozens of hilarious - and often embarrassing - anecdotes. Whether you are a first-time college teacher searching for ways to connect with your audience or a tenured professor seeking to rediscover your passion, Engaging College Students: A Fun and Edgy Guide for Professors will help you fully engage your students in classroom discussions.
This book was selected as the Winner in the Education/Academic category of the 2017 International Book Awards, the Bronze Medal Winner in the Nonfiction Education genre of the 2017 Readers' Favorite Book Awards, and the solo Medalist Winner in the Education category of the 2016 New Apple Book Awards for Excellence in Independent Publishing.