Join the adventure in this well-loved series. The boxed set includes all five books - the complete set!
Cass Clereaux is good at two things: finding treasure and killing demons. Lying low is a close third - but not because she wants to be good at hiding. Cass is a FireSoul, one of the unlucky few to inherit a piece of the dragon's soul. On the surface, the perks are sweet - she has the power to find and steal any type of magical treasure, including the powers of other supernaturals.
But it doesn't come without a price - stealing powers requires that she kill, and others would destroy her if they discover what she is. In a world full of magic, hiding her powers is the only way to survive. Finding magical artifacts is the only way to pay the bills. But it's a dangerous job when you can't use your magic.
When Aidan Merrick, the most powerful shifter in the city, hires her to find an ancient scroll, she doesn't want to take the job. His immense amount of power reminds her of too much of murky memories from a past she can't remember. But she has no choice. The scroll will reveal what she is. And if anyone finds out, she's dead.
The boxed set includes four more books - Mirror Mage, Stolen Magic, Eternal Magic, & Infinite Magic - that follow Cass as she battles demons from her past and tries to keep the world from going down the toilet.
Ancient Magic features kick butt heroines, a hot hero, and otherworldly adventure.
Das sagen andere Hörer zu Dragon's Gift Complete Series: An Urban Fantasy Boxed SetBewertung
Rezensionen - mit Klick auf einen der beiden Reiter können Sie die Quelle der Rezensionen bestimmen.
absolutely amazing series
this wasn't my first book/series by Linsey Hall, I started with Once bitten and I'm starting "properly" from the beginning. Which makes so much more sense now. I enjoyed every book and every chapter. So much adventure, love, loyalty, bravery and even a little bit of steam between Cass and Aiden (though I wish for more as these scenes make the whole story even more enjoyable and real). Thank you!
Big thanks to the narrator Laurel Schroeder as well, she did an excellent job, brought the characters alive in my ears and made the whole experience even better. The amazing voice play is exceptional! Can't wait for Del's story!
- Anonymer Hörer
very flawed story
I like the world and I like the characters, but the author makes quite a few writing choices wich make little sense or are really annoying.
- the protagonist throughout all 5 books can never use her full power, that is ok at the beginning but the longer the story goes on the clearer are the excuses the author had to write in for it to work
- the absoltely strange view of "justice" where the protagonist grieves over ppl she killed who already had and were willing to sacrifice many ppl to reach their goals
- in the 5th book the protagonist thinks that it is understandable that the villain wants revenge on the alpha council even though none of the ppl that harmed him or his family are still alive (my problem here is not that the villain wants that, but in the book it's worded as if the protagonist thinks that the sins of the parents should also be the sins of the kids, even though she clearly thinks it's unfair that other judge her lover for his fathers sins)
- the protagonist makes so many dumb decision and has absolutely no creativity when breaking into highly secured places even though the books tell us that she should be one of the most experienced ppl to do that
- the modern buildings they are breaking into especially towards the end don't have enough modern human defenses even though they would be very effective in combination with magic
- why is nobody using guns?!
- the ppl running the alpha council are too dumb to be believable, they don't listen to the warning of a fire souls once they lose their heart stone and the 2nd time someone comes to warn them it doesn't even merit a little caution even though it's the ppl who helped you before
- why is the negators power described as magic, if it was magic it should be possible to use it without losing all other magic especially her dragon sense since earlier in the book it was said that the negators power didn't affect her dragon sense
- why can the bad guys use their magic in magic dampening fields and under the negators influence but the protagonist can not?! (it's never explained, nobody even picks up on how strange that is, except one throwaway comment on the hellhounds in the last book)
- how can the protagonists magic be dampened if her supply is supposed to be infinite? less of infinite is still infinite
I couldn'd finish the last book since all this faulty writing got on my nerves.