Jetzt kostenlos testen
- Simple Beginner's Guide to Understanding the Core Philosophy. Overcome Stress and Anxiety by Recognizing Inner Peace Through Guided Mindfulness, Yoga, Chakras & Vipassana Meditation
- Sprecher: Charity May
- Spieldauer: 3 Std.
- Kategorien: Gesundheit & Wellness, Alternative & Komplementäre Medizin
Shein Luipa guides you through Buddhism from start to finish!
Buddhism is a word that describes a set of teachings and practices everyone has heard of but that very few people understand. This is unfortunate because the teachings and practices of Buddhism are widely applicable and universally beneficial. Laid down by the Buddha and passed on through the ages, these are instructions for living, followed in various ways and all connecting back to a set of core ideas.
In Buddhism: Beginner’s Guide to Understanding the Core Philosophy, author Shein Luipa takes you from beginning to end, starting on the assumption that what you know about Buddhism could fit onto the head of a pin and leaving you by the pages’ end with a strong grasp of what the teachings and practices are all about.
This is a book that will change your life and reshape your worldview, initiating you on a singular and thrilling journey of self-discovery and release. It all starts with a single question: What is Buddhism? From that question, Luipa explains the following:
- The Buddhist community
- Monastic life
- Different kinds of Buddhism
Once through that introductory section, Luipa goes into tremendous depth on the topic of Buddhism, covering these topics in succession:
- Buddha’s teaching
- The four noble truths
- Following the teachings of Buddha (Triple Jewel, Five Doctrines, Wheel of Life)
- Yoga (Third Eye, Chakra, Gazing, Kundalini, Kriya, Sound, Tantra)
- Meditation Types (Mantra, Vipassana, Zen, Transcendental, Self-Inquiry, Taoist, Emptiness, Breathing, Neiguan, Qigong, Traditional, Guided, Relaxation, Body Scans, Affirmations, Activity-Oriented, Mindfulness, Observation)
- Mindful Meditation to relieve anxiety and stress (with specific effects)
- Creating a meditation space
- Meditation tips and tricks
- Buddhism and modern times
- Rituals and rights (death, marriage, birth, initiation, etc.)
In all, this is a dense book but no more dense than it needs to be. It is a complex book but as simple as it can be, and a powerful book, but one that is also immediately accessible. You have heard the word before - Buddhism - and maybe you have some images or connotations that you associate with it in your head. Wisdom is well within your reach, and working to learn the teachings and practices of Buddhism, whether academically or practically, you can take a huge step forward in your personal development and your understand of the world. Let Shein Luipa guide you!