The essence of meditation is not something we do; rather, it is simply to be, fully present and aligned with life in the moment. This is the central teaching of Eckhart Tolle's What Is Meditation? In this audio session, Eckhart helps us transcend our beliefs and ideas about meditation-including the tendency to turn the practice into a means to an end-in order to realize directly our formless nature as being that is primary to any doing.
What Is Meditation? explores:
- What your sitting practice can-and cannot-do for you.
- Acknowledging the "pulling power" of thoughts.
- Engaging with the reality of consciousness itself.
- The arising of "space consciousness"-and how this opens us to joy, creativity, and peace.
- Honoring life by saying yes to what is.
Whether you've struggled with meditation or you're taking an interest in it for the first time, What Is Meditation? gives us a new understanding of why we practice-and an inspirational guide for making life itself our daily meditation.
©2005 Eckhart Tolle; (P)2004 Eckhart Teachings, Inc.