We are all broadcasters. And the messages we choose to broadcast predict our success.
All of us constantly broadcast information to others, even when we don't say a word. Sales professionals broadcast to potential clients in a way that wins new business. Managers broadcast to their teams about projects. Colleagues broadcast to one another about available resources. The messages we choose to broadcast shape others' beliefs in the potential for success and their ability to create positive change.
Working as a CBS news anchor, Michelle Gielan saw how nonstop coverage of the 2009 recession left many viewers feeling paralyzed. She had an idea: a new interview series focused on positive psychology and creating happiness in the face of tragedy. "Happy Week" generated the greatest viewer response of the year.
In Broadcasting Happiness, Gielan shows us how our words can move people from fear-based mind-sets to positive mind-sets. Using scientifically proven communication strategies, we have the ability to increase others' happiness and success at work as well as our own, instantly making us more effective leaders.
Learn the seven keys of communicating more effectively to influence others and drive measurable results. Gielan, a happiness researcher and expert on positive communication, will teach you how to:
- Inoculate your brain against stress and negativity by fact checking challenges
- Drive success by leading a conversation or communication with positivity
- Rewrite debilitating thought patterns and turn them into fuel for resilience and growth
- Deal with negative people in a way that lessens their power
- Share bad news more effectively to increase future social capital
- Create and sustain a positive culture at work by creating contagious optimism
©2015 Michelle Gielan (P)2015 Gildan Media LLC