We live in a time of vast changes that include accelerating globalization, mounting quantities of information, the growing hegemony of science and technology, and the clash of civilizations. Those changes call for new ways of learning and thinking in school, business, and the professions. Listen as psychologist Howard Gardner defines the cognitive abilities that will command a premium in the years ahead:
- The disciplinary mind: mastery of major schools of thought
- The synthesizing mind: ability to integrate ideas
- The creating mind: capacity to uncover and clarify problems, questions, and phenomena
- The respectful mind: awareness of and appreciation for differences among human beings
- The ethical mind: fulfillment of one's responsibilities
Armed with these well-honed capacities, a person will be equipped to deal with what is expected in the future, as well as what cannot be anticipated. Without these "minds", individuals will be at the mercy of forces they can't understand: overwhelmed by information, unable to succeed in the workplace, and incapable of making judicious decisions about personal and professional matters.
Renowned worldwide for his theory of multiple intelligences, Gardner takes that thinking to the next level. Concise and engaging, this audiobook will inspire lifelong learning and provide valuable insights for those charged with training and developing organizational leaders - today and tomorrow.
©2007 Howard Gardner; (P)2007 Gildan Media Corp