The Ten Commandments give us impeccable rules for how to behave. But they don't say much about the inner awareness from which our outer behavior springs. This leaves the field open for The Zen Commandments: Ten Suggestions for a Life of Total Freedom. These aren't more carved-in-stone commandments, but practical suggestions for unfolding your experience of inner freedom. That way, effective, compassionate behavior can arise naturally from your growing sense of peace, happiness, and balance. And when you feel good, you'll find that those good feelings overflow spontaneously into doing good. In this life-changing program, Dean Sluyter integrates East and West, ancient and modern, finding potent spiritual teachings in Zen Stories, the Bible, and Tibetan meditation techniques, as well as American movies and pop songs. You'll discover how to:
- Relax into "just being" by letting go and doing nothing.
- Become the perfect student of imperfect teachers.
- Liberate yourself from exaggerated anxieties about past and future by living in the now.
- Find simplicity by uncluttering your life from within.
- Let go of disappointment by experiencing non-expectancy.
- Disconnect the "dots of perception" to free yourself from labels, limitations, and preconceived notions.
- Live fully and laugh deeply while being a "mensch".
- And more!
By applying the kind of practical, step-by-step techniques offered here, your life becomes easier, more fulfilling, and even more enlightened. You will experience firsthand that boundless freedom and happiness isn't something distant or exotic. It's right here, right now.
©2004 Dean Sluyter (P)2004 Nightingale Conant