Almost a third of your whole life is spent asleep. Night School uncovers the scientific truth about the sleeping brain - and gives powerful tips on how those hours of apparently 'dead' time in the dark can transform your waking life.
Based on exciting new peer-reviewed research, mass-participation experiments, and the world's largest archive of dream reports, Night School will teach you how to:
- Learn information and solve problems while you sleep
- Find out why nightmares can be good for you, and what your dreams really mean
- Unlock the creative power of the six-minute nap
- Banish jet-lag, night terrors, and snoring
- Discover the secrets of the 'super sleepers' - and get the best night's sleep of your life
Studies show that even a small lack of sleep can have a detrimental effect on our health, lifespan, and happiness. Professor Richard Wiseman's authoritative, entertaining new book introduces the powerful new science of sleep - and gives us back the missing third of our days. Welcome to Night School.
Richard Wiseman is based at the University of Hertfordshire and holds Britain's only professorship for the Public Understanding of Psychology
©2014 Audible Ltd (P)2014 Audible Ltd