Brian Cox stars as the Edinburgh detective in nine episodes of the BBC Radio 4 series. Inspired by the real-life memoirs of a Victorian inspector in Scotland, James McLevy prowls the dark streets of 1860s Edinburgh bringing criminals to justice, with the assistance of Constable Mulholland.
- Pilot episode: The detective's first adventure.
- "For Unto Us": McLevy goes on the trail of an ingenious cat burglar.
- "The Trophy Club": McLevy tries to solve the murder of a prostitute.
- "The Second Shadow": The detective is distracted from his work by a woman.
- "The Burning Question": An unsolved murder brings vigilantes onto the streets.
- "A Good Walk Spoilt": A game of golf has desperate stakes.
- "Wild Justice": A ghost from the past returns to haunt McLevy.
- "The Wild Spark": A tobacco warehouse goes up in smoke.
- "Stab in the Back": A hired killer roams Leith's dark alleys.
Siobhán Redmond costars as Jean Brash and Michael Perceval-Maxwell as Mulholland in these nine BBC Radio 4 full-cast dramatisations.
©2015 BBC Worldwide (P)2015 BBC Worldwide