This edition of Three Shots Rang Out: The JFK Assassination 50 Years Later is an audio-only ABC News special created exclusively for Audible and hosted by ABC World News Anchor Diane Sawyer. Sawyer takes listeners back to Dealey Plaza in Dallas, Texas, on November 22, 1963, for a "you are there" exploration of the day of U.S. President John F. Kennedy's assassination. Key moments include:
- The very first reports of the assassination of President Kennedy.
- Eyewitness accounts from that day in history and their reflections 50 years later.
- Highlights from key newsmakers of the day.
- Go inside the ABC News Radio newsroom as anchors sift through incoming bulletins on the shooting of President Kennedy.
- Hear from Gayle Newman, the woman who was nearest to the president's limousine when he was shot; Aubrey Reich and Dennis McGuire, two young paramedics who found themselves in the middle of history; and Gladys Johnson who rented the room where Lee Harvey Oswald was staying that day he when he left for work at the Texas School Book Depository.
- Hear expanded interviews with Dr. Ronald Jones, who was bedside for both President Kennedy and Lee Harvey Oswald; and Pierce Allman, a reporter who happened to run into Oswald as he was asking for instructions to the nearest phone.
- Plus, expanded coverage of President Kennedy's funeral, and a look at the controversies surrounding the Kennedy assassination with political historian Larry Sabato.
These real time audio reports, eyewitness recollections from 1963, and new analysis make for a powerful experience of this fateful day in recent history.
©2013 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc (P)2013 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc