Killer Cure will change forever how you think about your health and health care. Leaving conventional wisdom in the dust, Killer Cure reveals startling and unforgettable insights:
- Why health care in America accidentally kills 12,000 people each week even though every doctor and nurse you know is terrific.
- Why health care's hidden assumptions about you are almost certain to damage your health and what you can do about it.
- Why health care's focus on solving yesterday's problems may reduce life expectancy in the U.S. by as much as five years.
- Why you might want to become CEO of your own health and health care and how to go about it.
Actions taken by well-meaning doctors can hurt you in dozens of ways. For example:
- Side effects and complications of treatments they give are very common. For instance, 17-19 million people a year land in the emergency room due to side effects of medicines they take.
- The focus on actions the doctor takes crowds out actions you could take that would often get you better results. For example, more than 100,000 people a year get a foot or leg amputated instead of learning simple ways to prevent foot infections in the first place.
To get better results, the health care system needs to embrace a new purpose. This audio book will open your eyes and empower you to take charge of your health.
©2010 Elizabeth L. Bewley (P)2010 Elizabeth L. Bewley