A star-studded cast of readers presents unabridged tales of horror and suspense from master storyteller Stephen King.
The Stephen King Amusement Park - an unnerving experience, with rides every which way to hell...and a few to glory.
A solitary finger pokes out of a drain. Novelty teeth turn predatory. The Nevada desert swallows a Cadillac. Meanwhile, the legend of Castle Rock returns...and grows on you. What does it all mean? What else could it mean? Stephen King is here with a powerful collection of stories - a vast, many-chambered cave of a volume.
The long reach of Stephen King's imagination will take you on a roller coaster to places you've never been before. You will lose sleep. But Stephen King, writing to beat the devil, will do your dreaming for you.
This edition includes an introduction read by Stephen King plus 'Suffer the Children' read by Whoopi Goldberg, 'Crouch End' read by Tim Curry, 'Rainy Season' read by Rob Lowe and more.
The full list of stories and narrators:
- Introduction read by Stephen King
- 'Suffer the Children' read by Whoopi Goldberg
- 'Crouch End' read by Tim Curry
- 'Rainy Season' read by Yeardley Smith
- 'Dolan's Cadillac' read by Rob Lowe
- 'The House on Maple Street' read by Tabitha King
- 'Umney's Last Case' read by Robert B. Parker
- 'Head Down' read by Stephen King
- 'Brooklyn August' read by Stephen J. Gould
- 'Chattery Teeth' read by Kathy Bates
- 'My Pretty Pony' read by Jerry Garcia
- 'Sneakers' read by David Cronenberg
- 'Dedication' read by Lindsay Crouse
- 'The Doctor's Case' read by Tim Curry
- 'The Moving Finger' read by Eve Beglarian
- 'The End of the Whole Mess' read by Matthew Broderick
- 'Home Delivery' read by Stephen King
- 'It Grows on You' read by Stephen King
- 'The Fifth Quarter' read by Gary Sinese
- 'You Know They Got a Hell of a Band' read by Grace Slick
- 'The Night Flier' read by Frank Muller
- 'Popsy' read by Joe Mantegna
- 'Sorry, Right Number' read by a full cast
- 'The Ten O'Clock People' read by Joe Morton
- 'Notes' read by Stephen King
- 'The Beggar and the Diamond' read by Dominic Cuskern
©1993 Stephen King (P)2009 Simon & Schuster