Bankrupt celebs, Typhoid Mary's court battles, lawsuits by sports fans, and much more.... With just over 1.1 million practicing lawyers in the U.S. today, this small portion of the population has produced no shortage of entertainment for the rest of us. Or is it just that Americans sue each other over the darndest things?
The Judge Who Hated Red Nail Polish & Other Crazy but True Stories of Law & Lawyers compiles fun legal facts, case histories, human-interest tales and much more from among the often-hidden annals of legal history. Find out about:
- How courts treat the sales of haunted houses
- Which gangster started the tradition of "taking the Fifth"
- What judges in centuries past had to say about morality
- Whether you can legally keep treasure found in a sunken ship
- The history of and customs surrounding British barristers' wigs
- Lawsuits over which fan caught the stray baseball
- And, of course, the Supreme Court Judge who hated red nail polish
Perfect for lawyers, law students, or the trivia buff in your life, The Judge Who Hated Red Nail Polish shows how fun and interesting the law can be.
©2010 Nolo (P)2012 Nolo