Does your mind blank at the worst times in a conversation and create awkward silences? Do you want to think faster on your feet? Do you run out of things to say and suck at keeping a conversation going? Or do you just wish you could be wittier and cleverer in every day conversation? Introverted? It's easier than you think.... All you need to do is just improv your conversations!
Improve Your Conversations teaches you how to use the ingenious framework from improv comedy and apply it directly to your everyday social interactions and conversations...and can't we learn something from the greatest improv comedians in the world, like Tina Fey and Will Ferrell? Improv comedy and memorable conversations have almost everything in common, from their premise to what makes them great to their end goals. In this book,I have pieced together the 14 best actionable and practical techniques from the improv comedy world designed to create conversational flow and connection...and simply have better interactions. You never know when a single connection can change your life, so make sure that each one is memorable. How will you learn to improv(e) your conversations?
- The number one cause of awkward silences and how to beat them.
- How to maintain an equal give and take for maximum conversational flow.
- The three topics you can always go to when your mind blanks.
- The mind-set to always know what to say and think quickly on your feet.
- How to direct the conversation to exactly where you want.
- What Sherlock Holmes has to do with great conversations.
Countless examples...and much more! Plus 14 insightful exercises to illustrate and practice each technique. This is not a book of generic, vague tips like "fake it 'til you make it" and "just make more eye contact and smile." No, this is a book of real tips that you can implement today to immediately increase your conversational fluency and flow.
©2015 Pei Kuo (P)2015 Pei Kuo