New from the best-selling HBR's 10 Must Reads series. Stop pushing products - and start cultivating relationships with the right customers. If you listen to nothing else on marketing that delivers competitive advantage, hear these 10 articles. We've combed through hundreds of articles in the Harvard Business Review archive and selected the most important ones to help you reinvent your marketing by putting it - and your customers - at the center of your business. Leading experts such as Ted Levitt and Clayton Christensen provide the insights and advice you need to:
- Figure out what business you're really in
- Create products that perform the jobs people need to get done
- Get a bird's-eye view of your brand's strengths and weaknesses
- Tap a market that's larger than China and India combined
- Deliver superior value to your B2B customers
- End the war between sales and marketing
Looking for more Must Read articles from Harvard Business Review? Check out these titles in the popular series: HBR's 10 Must Reads: The Essentials, HBR's 10 Must Reads on Communication, HBR's 10 Must Reads on Collaboration, HBR's 10 Must Reads on Innovation, HBR's 10 Must Reads on Leadership, HBR's 10 Must Reads on Making Smart Decisions, HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing Yourself, and HBR's 10 Must Reads on Teams.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your My Library section along with the audio.
Download the accompanying reference guide.
©2013 Harvard Business School Publishing Corporation (P)2015 Audible, Inc.