This is a manual designed to get White Belts to competent Blue Belts in as fast a time as possible.
Zen Jiu Jitsu is more a rendition of concepts than techniques. This is the simplest and easiest way to break down and simplify the many and varied ideas, philosophies and combinations in the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu arsenal. For both competition jiu jitsu and self defense jiu jitsu most white belts need to fully understand the concepts, but it can be VERY confusing!
Here is a short list of a few of the questions students ask, that are covered in depth:
- What is the guard and how do we utilize it best?
- What options do we have from guard?
- Why is posture and distance important?
- The mount is a powerful position but how do I get there?
- ... And when I do get there, how do I stay there?
This is a great manual for anyone just starting Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Traditional Jiu Jitsu, MMA and Grappling.
©2013 Barry Crowther (P)2014 Barry Crowther